Faculty & Staff IT Support:
Mon-Fri, 6:30 am–6 pm
Conference Calling Using CommPartners
Prior to the call date/time, distribute call in number and participant passcode to participants
NOTE: The toll free number can only be used within the United States. All others must use the alternate phone number.
The originator of the meeting should be given the same dial in numbers and the moderator passcode.
To make call:
- Dial call-in number.
- If you are the planner, enter the moderator passcode.
- Wait for participants to join the call.
NOTE: The above directions are the same for participants, with the exception of step 2. They should enter the participant passcode.
Conference Calling Using Cisco VOIP Phones
There are three kinds of conference calls you are able to make with your Cisco IP Phone.
- Standard or Ad Hoc conference calls: 8 parties total
- Join Conference calls: 8 parties total
- Meet Me Conference calls: 8 parties total
Standard or Ad Hoc Conference Call: 8 Parties total (yourself and 7 others)
- During an active call, press the More soft key and then Confrn soft key. This will open a new line while placing the current party or party on hold.
- Place the call to the next party.
- When the call connects, press the Confrn soft key again to create a conference.
- Repeat the first three steps to add additional parties to the conference call.
To view a list of the participants in the conference call; press More soft key and press ConfrnLi soft key.
This will show you all the participants in the conference. The one with the * next to it is the initiator of the conference. This person will also have a Remove soft key listed and is able to remove participants from the conference. Once participants are removed, press the Update soft key to refresh the list of participants. Only the initiator can add and remove participants.
Join Conference Call: 8 Parties total (yourself and 7 others)
If you have 2 calls on one line (the same extension), you are able to initiate a Join Conference call.
- Place the first call on hold. (This will happen automatically when you press the soft key Answer )
- Answer the 2nd call.
- Use the “Navigation” button to move up to the first call. Make sure it’s highlighted.
- Press the More soft key.
- Press the Join soft key.
- You will now have a three way conference call.
- If you want to add more participants to the conference call you will need to use the Confrn soft key with the directions above.
Meet Me Conference Call: 8 Parties total (yourself and 7 others)
MeetMe conferencing allows participants to join a conference by calling the conference number directly, rather than waiting for the conference initiator to call them. This saves the initiator the hassle of calling 5 parties as well.
- Press NewCall soft key or lift the receiver to go off-hook.
- Press MeetMe soft key and dial the MeetMe conference number.
4500-4509 are internal only
If calling from an outside line, such as home or cell phone, dial with the area code and prefix: 651 -290-XXXX
To Participate in a MeetMe Conference:
- Dial the MeetMe conference number (provided by the conference initiator.) You will be connected to the conference only after the conference initiator has dialed in. You will get a busy signal until someone sets it up (directions above).
To End a MeetMe Conference:
- Hang up or press EndCall soft key.
**NOTE: Remember to inform participants about the conference number, so that they can dial in.
Conference List is not an active key in this type of conference. So there is no way of showing who has dialed in. The initiator’s phone will beep as people call in, so the initiator will want to ask who just entered the conference to keep track.
Conference call options:
- To place the conference call on speaker, press the phones Speaker button .
- To mute a conference call, press the Mute button. We recommend that you don’t place a conference call on hold.
- Only the conference initiator can add and remove parties in the conference.
- If the initiator leaves the conference, no other parties can be added to the conference, and if participants are still online, they can keep talking. For this reason the initiator might want to make sure that all participants are removed before hanging up.
- The initiator features cannot be forwarded to someone else once the initiator hangs up.