Read&Write is a powerful literacy software to help law students with reading, writing, and studying. It is available for download by anyone with a Mitchell Hamline email account. The software works with Mac, PC, Google and Microsoft365.
- Reads PDFs
- Electronic textbooks,
- ePub files,
- Spell Checker
- Proofread by listening as your writing
- Highlighters for collecting and organizing notes
- Simplify webpages
- Learn vocabulary words
- Screen Masking and tinting options to help improve focus
- Voice Notes for recording short audio files which can be inserted into a document
Download and install directions
Read &Write is easy to download and is available for Microsoft Windows, Mac, and Google Chrome. You will need your @mitchellhamline.edu email address once you download it to log on.
To get started:
- Go to text.help/gethome
- Scroll down and select Read&Write for Education
- Click the try Read&Write Today button
- Select the format (Windows, Mac, Google Chrome, Microsoft 365)
- Select Read&Write US English.
- Follow the installation prompts
You can also watch the quick Student Install Videos, which provide easy instructions on how to download the software and start using it.
On the same YouTube Channel, the install guides are found on, includes other playlists and videos which can help you learn how to use the tool and buttons.