The spring commencement scheduled for May 17, and all related events that weekend, will not be held. All students who meet the graduation requirements at the end of spring semester will graduate, but the school will not hold its traditional ceremony in May. Mitchell Hamline is committed to providing a commencement experience for all graduating students when it is safe for students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
All on-campus sessions for blended-learning students for the rest of this semester are not being held. Content from those sessions will be delivered online.
Incoming president and dean
The planned visit to campus of incoming President and Dean Anthony Niedwiecki, scheduled for early April, will not take place at that time.
Both Mitchell Hamline study programs in London are canceled for this summer.
Mock trial jurors
The Advanced Advocacy and General Practice: Skills Practicum mock trials scheduled on March 21, March 28, April 28 and April 29 will be held online, and no volunteer jurors are needed.
For current health-related information, we encourage you to visit the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Minnesota Department of Health websites. We will also update school information on the website.
Contacts for questions
- On-campus students: student.services @mitchellhamline.edu
- Blended-learning students: blendedlearning @mitchellhamline.edu
- Employees should contact their manager or Andrea.Bien @mitchellhamline.edu
- Media: Doug.Belden @mitchellhamline.edu
- Students can find additional information on the Docket, and faculty and staff on the Summit
- Moving your class online for faculty
- Accessibility resources for online learning
Coronavirus updatesSee All
- Update to COVID protocolsPosted March 13
- New journal article details dash to create unique COVID-19 clinic at pandemic’s startPosted January 14
- Mitchell Hamline to return to CHS Field for commencementPosted January 12
- Starting Jan. 10, visitors to campus must show proof of vaccinationPosted January 6
- Starting Sept. 1, masks are required for everyone on campusPosted August 30
- Mitchell Hamline alum helps tenants struggling in pandemic economyPosted August 27
- Mitchell Hamline hosts vaccination clinic Saturday, June 26Posted June 21
- Starting Aug. 1, Mitchell Hamline faculty, staff, and students must be vaccinated to be on campusPosted May 17
- Mitchell Hamline plans some in-person classes for summer, aims to add more in fallPosted March 19
- Mitchell Hamline plans in-person commencement June 6 at CHS FieldPosted March 12