The spring commencement scheduled for May 17, and all related events that weekend, will not be held. All students who meet the graduation requirements at the end of spring semester will graduate, but the school will not hold its traditional ceremony in May. Mitchell Hamline is committed to providing a commencement experience for all graduating students when it is safe for students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
All on-campus sessions for blended-learning students for the rest of this semester are not being held. Content from those sessions will be delivered online.
Incoming president and dean
The planned visit to campus of incoming President and Dean Anthony Niedwiecki, scheduled for early April, will not take place at that time.
Both Mitchell Hamline study programs in London are canceled for this summer.
Mock trial jurors
The Advanced Advocacy and General Practice: Skills Practicum mock trials scheduled on March 21, March 28, April 28 and April 29 will be held online, and no volunteer jurors are needed.
For current health-related information, we encourage you to visit the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Minnesota Department of Health websites. We will also update school information on the website.
Contacts for questions
- On-campus students: student.services @mitchellhamline.edu
- Blended-learning students: blendedlearning @mitchellhamline.edu
- Employees should contact their manager or Andrea.Bien @mitchellhamline.edu
- Media: Doug.Belden @mitchellhamline.edu
- Students can find additional information on the Docket, and faculty and staff on the Summit
- Moving your class online for faculty
- Accessibility resources for online learning
- Mitchell Hamline will remain entirely online in spring 2021Posted October 20
- Mitchell Hamline to teach completely online in the fallPosted July 27
- Mitchell Hamline’s Burger Library to reopen for students, faculty, staff on Monday, July 13Posted July 9
- Through COVID-19 and Floyd crises, alum stays focused on community servicePosted June 17
- New health protocols for campus take effect June 15Posted June 12
- Building restrictions remain in place until further noticePosted May 15
- Mitchell Hamline extends building restrictions to May 18Posted May 1
- You’ve asked: How can we help during pandemic? Here are some waysPosted April 30
- Mitchell Hamline extends building restrictions to May 4Posted April 9
- Mitchell Hamline alumni offering discounted services during COVID-19Posted April 2