Following Gov. Walz’s extension of his “stay-at-home” order to May 4, Mitchell Hamline is extending measures we put in place March 27. The building will remain closed to students, and all employees should work from home unless they need to be on site, until May 4.
The following measures be in effect until May 4 as well:
- Entry to the campus building will be through the front door only.
- Entry will require a Mitchell Hamline staff or faculty ID in order to be buzzed in.
- Once you have gained entry, please check in and out with the on-duty security officer. Security will write down your name and log in the times. This will help Security know who is in the building.
- Staff and faculty will have 24-hour access, but based on our Security staffing plan, if you plan to work on-site you are encouraged to use the building only between the hours of 7 am and 10 pm M-Th, and 7 am to 7 pm F-Su.
- If you expect to meet Clinic clients on campus, you will need to meet them at the front door to let them in, and then escort them out when you are done.
- Warren E. Burger Library is closed to all patrons
- Lending of books or other physical materials is suspended during this time. Due dates for all currently checked out materials have been extended to May 31, and no overdue fines will accrue until then.
- Reference services will be available remotely – please email firstname.lastname@example.org with all inquiries.
- Interlibrary loan services are suspended until further notice.
Dean of Students Lynn LeMoine informed graduating students Thursday of the alternate plans to celebrate commencement in lieu of the May 17 ceremony, which was canceled.
The school is committed to connecting virtually in May. Students can order rental regalia free of charge, and the school will ship cords, honors medallions, and diploma covers, along with a commemorative program, so students can celebrate in their own ways. Students are encouraged to take pictures and videos of their celebrations and send them to email@example.com. More information about the plans to mark May 17 will be forthcoming.
The class of 2020 will be celebrated at the Jan. 9-10 and May 22-23, 2021, commencement receptions and ceremonies. 2020 graduates may attend either ceremony, and they will be recognized as a separate and unique class.
Diplomas will be mailed to students after grades have been posted and graduation requirements have been met.
Health status reporting
If you learn that you or someone close to you has been diagnosed with COVID-19, or that you or someone close to you has been exposed to a person who has COVID-19 or to a person from an area experiencing an outbreak of COVID-19, please notify a school official. Faculty and staff should notify Human Resources Director Andrea Bien, firstname.lastname@example.org. Students should notify Dean of Students Lynn Lemoine, email@example.com. We respect the privacy of our faculty, staff, and students. The information gathered will be used in the event that we have a confirmed case reported by a member of our community. The sharing of information will be limited to those individuals that have a business need to know and would include the Minnesota State Health Department.
For current health-related information, we encourage you to visit the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Minnesota Department of Health websites. We will also update school information on the website.
State officials are posting updated information on the spread of COVID-19 in Minnesota here.
Contacts for questions
- On-campus students: student.services @mitchellhamline.edu
- Blended-learning students: blendedlearning @mitchellhamline.edu
- Employees should contact their manager or Andrea.Bien @mitchellhamline.edu
- Media: Doug.Belden @mitchellhamline.edu
- Students can find additional information on the Docket, and faculty and staff on the Summit
- Moving your class online for faculty
- Accessibility resources for online learning
Coronavirus updatesSee All
- Update to COVID protocolsPosted March 13
- New journal article details dash to create unique COVID-19 clinic at pandemic’s startPosted January 14
- Mitchell Hamline to return to CHS Field for commencementPosted January 12
- Starting Jan. 10, visitors to campus must show proof of vaccinationPosted January 6
- Starting Sept. 1, masks are required for everyone on campusPosted August 30
- Mitchell Hamline alum helps tenants struggling in pandemic economyPosted August 27
- Mitchell Hamline hosts vaccination clinic Saturday, June 26Posted June 21
- Starting Aug. 1, Mitchell Hamline faculty, staff, and students must be vaccinated to be on campusPosted May 17
- Mitchell Hamline plans some in-person classes for summer, aims to add more in fallPosted March 19
- Mitchell Hamline plans in-person commencement June 6 at CHS FieldPosted March 12